Your home’s HVAC system is an integral part of your living space, but unfortunately, it can also be quite temperamental. To avoid any performance issues, it’s important to be aware of some common HVAC problems you might run into.
- Dirty filter: The air filter’s job is to remove dust and debris from the air. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take too long for your filter to clog up. To prevent this from happening, you should switch out the filter every two to three months. Or, if your filter is permanent, be sure to clean it once a month.
- Broken thermostat: The thermostat is what keeps your system in operation at the appropriate times. If it stops working properly, your system may run for longer periods than needed, costing you more money and wearing down system components more quickly. Replacing your unit should fix the problem.
- Tripped breaker: This issue is a rather common reason why professional HVAC technicians are called to the home. This is because your HVAC system seems like it simply stopped working for no reason. Check the breaker, and reset it if it’s been tripped.
- Improperly sized system: If your system is the wrong size for your home, you may experience severe energy usage problems as it either struggles to condition your home or provides too much humidity.
- Drainage problems: A broken condensation pump can cause water to pool, which means that your air conditioner isn’t going to be operating properly. Replacing your pump should fix this problem.
If none of the above solutions fix the problem you’re experiencing, you may have a more serious issue on your hands. If this is the case, you should call the help of a professional technician who can ascertain the problem and provide the proper solutions.
For more expert advice on common HVAC problems, or if you have any other questions related to home comfort, please don’t hesitate to contact the friendly professionals at NisAir Air Conditioning & Heating. We’ve been serving the needs of Martin, Palm Beach and Indian River County since 1973.