Though you may rarely think about your heating and cooling system other than when it kicks on, it’s a major investment in your home, playing a direct role in how comfortable you and other occupants feel inside. Regular maintenance appointments can help keep the HVAC system running in top shape, making it more energy efficient and extending equipment service life. To that end, the U.S. Department of Energy and HVAC experts alike recommend you schedule pre-season check-ups every year. Even if you forgot to have it looked at this fall, the old adage “better late than never” certainly applies here. And since the warmer weather is now just around the corner, your air conditioner will also be good to go. Learn about the benefits of having a well maintained HVAC system as well as what to expect during your service appointment.
Why Schedule HVAC System Check-Ups?
- Your system will run more efficiently, saving you money on your monthly bills.
- It will help to prevent future issues and unnecessary costs.
- Your HVAC system will last longer.
- A more energy-efficient system means its negative impact on the environment will be reduced.
What an HVAC Contractor Does During the Appointment
- Every moving part will be lubricated.
- The system’s controls will be examined to ensure safe and proper operation.
- The current and voltage will be measured and all electrical connections will be tightened.
- The thermostat settings will be checked to ensure an energy-saving and comfortable schedule.
- The condensate drain will be examined and cleaned if necessary.
- The heat exchanger, burner combustion, gas or oil connections and gas pressure will be checked for their proper operation and condition (in a gas-fired heating system).
- The refrigerant levels will be checked and adjusted, if needed (in your heat pump or A/C).
- The condenser coils and evaporator will be cleaned.
- The blower or air handler components will be cleaned and adjusted in any type of central, forced-air HVAC system.
You can get more expert advice about pre-season maintenance appointments for your HVAC system, and related home comfort topics, by contacting us at NisAir Air Conditioning & Heating. We’ve been around since 1973 and serve Martin, Palm Beach and Indian River counties.