Your HVAC system works best when it’s relatively clean. This not only applies to components like the cooling coils and blower fan, but also to your home’s ductwork. Cleaning your air ducts is an important part of keeping your HVAC system in good shape.
There are plenty of advantages to cleaning your air ducts:
- When combined with other measures such as changing your air filters and cleaning the cooling coil, air duct cleaning can help improve the overall quality of your home’s indoor air.
- By removing blockages and other obstructions, air duct cleaning also makes it easier and more energy-efficient for your HVAC system to circulate conditioned air throughout your home.
- A professional air duct cleaning can also help uncover potential ductwork problems that could impact your home’s comfort and energy usage.
There’s no recommended interval for cleaning the air ducts. In fact, the EPA recommends cleaning them on an as-needed basis. If you’re wondering when you should have your ducts cleaned, here are a few situations to consider:
- After a home remodeling/renovation. Significant amounts of dust and debris can settle within the ductwork, prompting the need for a cleaning.
- If there’s evidence of an animal or insect infestation.
- If you see visible mold growth inside the ducts.
- If there’s a severe buildup of dust that could travel to other areas of the home.
Air duct cleaning is important for your HVAC system’s performance and energy efficiency. To learn more, contact the professionals at NisAir Air Conditioning and Heating, proudly serving Martin County, Palm Beach County and Indian River County.