An annual heating system maintenance check assures that your heating system is ready to go when the temperatures drop. An annual service check keeps your heat pump or furnace running at maximum efficiency and reduces the chance of large repair bills later.
An annual check-up can also save the lives of you and your family if you use a gas furnace. A malfunction, improper installation, incorrect venting or a crack in the heat exchanger can result in deadly carbon monoxide gas circulating throughout your home.
Heating equipment, as with everything else, declines over time and will eventually need repair or replacement. An annual maintenance check will keep your unit running at peak performance.
An annual check-up likely will include:
- Check and test controls
- Monitor furnace or heat pump cycles
- Clean heat exchangers and burners (furnace)
- Check and adjust pilot settings
- Tighten any loose electrical connections
- Clean and adjust thermostat
- Check refrigerant in the heat pump
- Clean coils and make sure airflow is adjusted properly
- Make sure all vents and registers are clear
- Check fan motors both inside and outside
- Clean condensate pan and tube
Your contractor can show you how to clean and replace the air filter in your yeast pump or furnace. Dirty filters can lead to higher energy costs, poor heating performance and damage to your unit. Air filters remove much of the dust and other pollutants from the air inside your home.
Contact NisAir Air Conditioning & Heating, a third-generation family business, serving Martin, Palm Beach, St. Lucie and Indian River counties. We can schedule a heating system maintenance check-up for your HVAC system.