Finding the perfect HVAC contractor for your Florida home can be a taxing endeavor, especially if you don’t know what to look for. The most important thing to realize is that all contractors are not created equal, which is why it’s important to do your research and choose the one that’s best for you.
To help you along with your decision, here are nine tips that will make the choice easier:
- Learn about contractor requirements – Do a little research on our state’s license and insurance requirements, and inquire about these licenses with the contractor.
- Request a list of references – A contractor worth his weight in refrigerant will be able to supply you with several references. Contact each one and ask their experience with the company.
- Ask for referrals – Seek the advice of friends, family members and co-workers to help find a reputable contractor in the local area.
- Search for special offers – Contractors often provide special rates and discounts for certain services, especially for new customers.
- Provide info about your system – Once you’ve contacted a contractor, provide them with your system’s model, age and maintenance history.
- Expect an evaluation of your home – To provide you with an accurate estimate on any work that will be done, a contractor should want to evaluate your home to gauge its needs.
- Request an itemized estimate – Insist on receiving an itemized list of charges for the services that will be performed. This will allow you to easily compare one company with another.
- Insist on a written proposal – When it comes to work at your home, a gentleman’s handshake simply doesn’t suffice nowadays. Get everything in writing.
- Use Energy Star qualified products – To ensure that you’re getting the best bang for your buck, installation of Energy Star appliances with high efficiency will ensure that you’re getting your money’s worth, along with solid performance.
At NisAir Air Conditioning, we’re confident that we can provide you with satisfactory answers to all of your questions when you’re seeking the right HVAC contractor. Please contact us today. We’ve been serving the air conditioning needs of Martin, Palm Beach and Indian River counties since 1973.