Regular A/C maintenance is one of the most important tasks South Florida homeowners can do to keep their air conditioners working well and lasting through the end of their expected service life. It’s simple: Keep the system in good condition, and it will reward you. Just invest in professional A/C maintenance, and then perform a few tasks on your own.
Professional maintenance service involves a comprehensive checklist of tasks the technician will perform. The technician will comprehensively clean the air conditioner, removing dirt that compromises system efficiency. In addition, the technician will assess the condition of the air conditioner and its components. The technician will replace components that are failing with parts that will boost the system’s performance. Some of the tasks your technician will perform during A/C maintenance include:
- Checking the ductwork
- Measuring airflow
- Testing the refrigerant charge and bringing it up to the correct level if necessary
- Checking for refrigerant leaks if the level is low
- Sealing and insulating ducts
- Checking the thermostat’s function
- Testing electrical controls
- Inspecting electrical components, connections and sequencing
Your job is not done once you schedule A/C maintenance. You can contribute to long-term maintenance by performing a few DIY steps including:
- Checking the air filter regularly. Check the filter ever month, and replace it when looks dirty.
- Checking the condenser. It’s the unit that’s installed outdoors. The space around the condenser must be clear for proper airflow. Anything that blocks airflow, or gets into the unit’s internal components, hinders heat transfer through the coil. Remove brush from the area, and sweep dirty away regularly.
At NisAir Air Conditioning and Heating, we’re happy to help our neighbors with air conditioning services, repairs and installations, and maintenance plans. We serve homeowners in Martin, Palm Beach and Indian River counties. Give us call today to schedule A/C maintenance, or visit our website for more information.