When purchasing a new A/C you’ll first have to decide between a room (or portable) unit and a central air conditioning unit. Certain factors such as home size, layout, money, location and convenience can be the difference in choosing one or the other. If you’re looking to condition a large house, then the decision should be easy – a central A/C unit will provide better performance at a lower operating cost than the number of room A/Cs needed to cool the entire home.
Central A/C systems enjoy many advantages over room units, including:
- Make far less noise.
- Do not alter views or block a window.
- Do not take up living space indoors.
- Are easy to operate, controlled by your home’s thermostat(s).
- Are capable of pumping out hot air.
- Are generally more reliable than room A/Cs.
- Give the home a more modern look.
- Can cool each room in a house from a central location
- Can use your home’s existing ductwork to circulate cool air.
- Help remove airborne particles such as pet dander, dust and pollen.
- Provide more comprehensive humidity control.
If you are looking for a new air conditioner, have a relatively small space to cool, and are on a tight budget, then a window or room unit might be your best option. Following are some of the benefits of room A/Cs.
- You save a lot of money. Central A/C is a major home investment.
- They offer an easier installation process and you may put them in yourself.
- They are easier to move.
- They are easier to repair.
Living in our hot and muggy South Florida climate, you need a quality air conditioner. Whether your new A/C is a room or central system is entirely up to you. For more information, or to learn more about our quality air conditioning options, please contact us today at NisAir Air Conditioning and Heating.