It seems like there’s an app for everything these days, from turn-by-turn driving directions and hands-free chatting, to counting your steps and your calories. If there was an app for your smartphone that saved you energy each month, made your life easier and your home more comfortable, wouldn’t you want to give it a tap?
Well, there is an app for that when you install a Wi-Fi thermostat.
Like their programmable thermostat predecessors, Wi-Fi thermostats give you the convenience to program temperature changes automatically to match your lifestyle. Some Wi-Fi thermostat devices even “learn” your schedule and temperature preferences and make adjustments to save energy when your schedule changes.
The big difference between conventional programmable thermostats and Wi-Fi thermostats is access. Your Wi-Fi thermostat uses your home’s wireless Internet connection. This allows you to monitor and change all of the thermostat’s comfort and energy-saving features using any computer or mobile device that is connected to the Internet.
Linking Comfort, Savings and IAQ
Wi-Fi thermostats give you the ability to take full advantage of today’s “smart” HVAC systems. With compatible HVAC equipment and Wi-Fi access, you may simultaneously control zone temperatures, ventilation, filtration and humidity in your home — all elements of comfort, efficiency and indoor-air quality (IAQ).
Following are more benefits and features:
- An intuitive interface, whether on the thermostat’s display or using an app, is a snap (or tap) to use.
- Receive text alerts for system malfunctions.
- Be reminded when it’s time to change the filter or schedule preventive maintenance.
- Set a password to block unauthorized access.
- Wi-Fi thermostats can control multiple thermostats, which is great for multi-unit property managers and owners.
- Monitor your home’s indoor environmental conditions from work, your car, on vacation or anywhere you have Internet access.
- Monitor indoor environmental conditions at your business or second home.
- Change your temperature programs remotely when your schedule or the weather changes.
For help selecting the right Wi-Fi thermostat device for your home, contact us at NisAir Air Conditioning and Heating today. We’ve proudly served residents of Martin County, Palm Beach County and Indian River County since 1973!