Have you ever purchased a home, new or used, to find out that the air blows harder through the vents in the kitchen than in the bathroom? Or, for some reason, the one vent that is in your bedroom hardly blows at all? It’s frustrating, to say the least, and this can be a problem for a number of different reasons.
Duct system design is of utmost importance. Pay attention to it, particularly when building a new home. Designing your system for the most energy-efficient and balanced airflow possible will add very little to the initial cost and could save you thousands on energy expenses in years to come.
Redesigning your old system could be even more beneficial. Have a professional HVAC technician test for adequate return air capacity in your home. If you have a poor duct system design, it can be fixed.
Issues and improvements that can be made to your existing home:
- Duct system design might be wrong – incorrectly located supply vents too far from the HVAC system, and poorly divided intersections can create uneven airflow.
- Inadequate ductwork can be reconfigured to assure even airflow in every room of your house.
- Return grills can be added and jumper ducts can be installed to increase circulation.
- Vents may need to be cleaned – debris gets into the system over the years, clogging up narrow passages or openings at intersections, creating obstructions.
- Proper duct system design prevents narrow passages and blocked openings.
Serving the area since 1973, NisAir Air Conditioning & Heating is family owned and operated, has achieved Premier Dealer status, and supports many local and national charities.
You can schedule your free estimate for a new system installation or system upgrade, or request maintenance or repair, by contacting us at NisAir Air Conditioning & Heating. We provide quality HVAC services to Martin, Palm Beach and Indian River counties and the surrounding area.