Your swimming pool is sure to give your family endless entertainment and leisure in the summer. But along with all the smiles and laughs, you want to do your best to minimize pool energy use. Your pool can make a significant contribution to your energy bill.
Fortunately, you can cut down on its energy consumption by following these tips:
- Use a more energy-efficient pool pump – The bigger your pump, the more the energy it uses to operate. Look for the smallest pump that can meet the needs of your home’s pool. A pool professional can help you with that. You could also invest in a variable-speed pump, which is more efficient than single-speed pumps.
- Spread a solar cover over your pool when not in use – This reduces evaporation, a major source of swimming pool heat loss. It also helps naturally increase the temperature of the water during the day and minimize heat loss during the night.
- Use LED lights – They last longer and consume less energy than incandescent lights.
- Make good use of the pool automation system – Program your automation system to turn your pumps, lighting, water features, filtration system, and cleaner off during the off-peak pool periods. This will help reduce your utility bills.
- Switch to robotic cleaners – They’re the most energy-efficient cleaners for your pool.
- Get rebates – Research the rebates and tax incentives you may be eligible for if you purchase qualifying energy-efficient pool equipment.
- Do some pool maintenance – Swimming pools come with some maintenance. Make sure you clean the pool filter regularly, reduce the water temperature when the pool isn’t in use, and keep your drain systems clear using periodic backwashing.
With the tips above, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re doing your part to make your swimming pool energy efficient not only for this summer but also for many years to come. For additional tips on reducing your pool energy use, please contact us at NisAir Air Conditioning and Heating. We proudly serve Martin, Palm Beach and Indian River counties.